1. What is Visa on Arrival ?
Vietnam Visa On Arrival (VOA) is an alternative way to obtain Vietnam Visa Online. VOA is only available for travels by air.
Vietnam Visa on Arrival ( VOA ) is a legal document approved by Department of Immigration.
After providing us with the information and pay the service fee, you will receive the approval letter from 1 hour to 2 working days (depending on the type of Visa processing selected) by email.
Copies of the same document will be forwarded on your behalf to Vietnam Immigration checkpoints at International Airports only.
When you arrive Viet Nam, the Immigration officers will have those documents ready and will be able to issue your entry visa quickly.
Legitimate: VOA is granted and approved by Immigration Department.
Convenient: Online Application, No Passport and Photo sending, No waiting time.
Cheap: Lowest fee, best service
Fast: VOA done in 2 days (normal time)
2. Is the “Visa on Arrival” legitimate ?
Yes it is ! Vietnam Visa-on-Arrival is an alternative way to get your visa to Vietnam.
3. How to process VOA
You can provide us with passport scans or required information below:
– Your name exactly as per passport: it is your full name appears on your passport, name order is not important, so you can place either surname first or first name first.
– Your date of birth: in Vietnam, the date format will be DD/MM/YYYY
– Your nationality or passport: the passport you are using to enter Vietnam (should be valid for 6 months at least from the date of arrival).
– Your passport number: as shown on your passport and should be valid for 6 months at least from the date of arrival.
– Date of arrival: applicants must fill exactly Date of Arrival. You can just enter Vietnam later but not earlier than the approved date.
Photos: passport photos are required at Vietnam airports only.
4. What is the “Approval Letter” ?
The “Visa Approval Letter” is a letter issued by Immigration Department allowing you to enter and exit Vietnam for a given time period. With the approval letter, you can pick up your visa upon arrival at one of three international airports in Vietnam (Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City and Da Nang). At the airport, the corresponding authority will verify the details on the approval letter based on your passport and travel documents. As long as you make sure you input the correct details when applying, you will surely be granted entry upon arrival in Vietnam with the approval letter.
5. How long does it take to get the approval letter ?
The approval letter is processed and emailed you within 2 working days (excluding Saturday, Sunday and National/International Holidays).
In urgent cases, you are able to have the approval letter within the time frame below:
1, 4, 8 or 24 hours processing
For Visa urgent processing on International/ National Holidays, please call us or contact email for details assistance.
The Visa Counter at Vietnam airports are 24/7 open. So if you already have the approval letter, you can still pick up your visa at Vietnam airports at weekend.
6. How do I receive my visa approval letter ?
A color scanned copy of the approval letter ( in PDF format ) will be sent to you by email, so please make sure that you have provided us with the correct email address and you have the latest version of Adobe Acrobat reader in order to open the file.
7. Are there any exceptions with this type of visa ?
Visa on Arrival is just VALID for traveler by AIR. For LAND and CRUISE entry, please visit a Vietnamese embassy to get your visa stamped.
8. Do I need a photo and if so, what is its size?
Photos are required upon arrival Vietnam’s airports only, so please remember to bring at least 2 photos of standard passport size (04*06 cm). Note: If you do not have time to prepare those photos before your departure, you can also get them taken at a Vietnamese airport for 2 USD or less per photo.
9. What if my passport has expired ?
To apply for a visa to Vietnam, your passport must have at least 6 month’s validity from your entry date. Therefore, if your passport is about to expire, please get a new one before applying for your visa in order to avoid unwanted problems at the airport.
10. Should I provide you with the exact date of arrival ?
The arrival date you provide should be the earliest you plan to arrive, but you can arrive after that date. The departure date is the last day you are permitted to be in the country, unless you get a visa extension.
For example: If you apply for a 1-month visa and submit your arrival date as Jan 1, 2011, the visa letter will be valid from Jan 1, 2011 – Feb 1, 2011. You can arrive anytime between Jan 1 – Feb 1 but must leave the country by Feb 1, 2011
11. What is stamping fee ?
The stamping fee is the fee you are required to pay at the Vietnamese airport in order to get the official visa stamped in your passport. It is 25 USD for a single entry visa (1-3 months) and 50 USD for a multiple entry visa (1-3 months). The stamp fee must be in cash ( VND or USD ). No credit cards are accepted.
12. Can I travel without the letter and get the visa when I arrive ?
NO, you cannot ! In order to board the plane, you must show the approval letter to the airlines. This letter is also compulsory in order to get the visa at the Vietnam airport. Therefore, we recommend that you spent a little time to apply for the visa to avoid having to delay or change your flight.
13. What if I change my flight and arrive at another airport in Vietnam ?
Visa on Arrival works if you arrive at any of the international airports. There is no problem with switching between these airports.